Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Papa’s Birthday

We celebrated Papa’s 77th birthday today!  We invited our friends Deirdre and Vladimir for lunch.  Deirdre brought pavlova with raspberries and mango for dessert.  We had a nice visit and a happy day!

I walked around the rempart walls early this morning, and stopped in the cathédrale before coming home.  I was the only person there, and I especially enjoyed seeing the morning light come through the stained glass on the east side of the cathédrale.  I am fascinated by a graphic painting in the cathédrale, of people burning in hell.  All interesting!

After lunch, I walked down rue Nationale to the Chateau des comtes de Armagnac, used for the past few years as a Brocante Village (Antique Stores).  The castle was started in 910, and built onto for centuries.  It became a hospital in 1749 and remained in use for medical services until 2013.  It is still regal.