Monday, May 8, 2023

Life in the Slow Lane

Just over two weeks ago, Papa and I came down with Covid.  We called our doctor right away and got medication.  We stayed in bed, resting, and following doctor’s orders.  A week later, last Monday, both of us tested negative and felt much better.  By Wednesday evening, I was not feeling so good, tested myself, and discovered I had a rebound case of Covid.  I stayed in bed through yesterday and tested negative again today.  Our doctor called today to check on me and told me to “go slow” in returning to normal activities.  I’m following his orders!

Papa and I walked to the end of our block after dinner this evening.  Our neighborhood and the foothills of the Catalinas are bursting with yellow blooming palo verde, multicolored blooming cholla, prickly pear, and saguaros.  Spring is hanging on and it is beautiful!