Friday, August 5, 2022

Jazz Concert

I made my usual Lectoure Marche visit on Friday morning, buying fresh fruits and vegetables.  I ran into my neighbor/friend, Michele, and we shopped together.  I came home, dropped off my market basket and went back to buy some plants - there was a big sale!  After lunch I worked in the garden to plant lavender, Russian sage, and guara (bee blossom).  We were invited at six for apéritifs at our neighbor Abby’s house, with Deidre and Vladimir, and another couple - she’s from Finland and he’s from New York, and they moved to Lectoure 5 years ago, after living over 30 years in Africa.

At 8:30, we went to a jazz concert, in the Jardin des Marrioners, behind the cathedral and mairie.  The jardin was mostly full when we arrived and we saw our neighbors, Dominique and Romain, who waved us to join them.  It was a beautiful evening with a light breeze under the trees.  Six by Six Jazz combo was very good and we had a wonderful evening.