Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Two New Chairs

Two new chairs were delivered today, our first seating in the salon!  We’re expecting sofas to be delivered on Saturday.  I worked in the garden a few hours today.  I removed grass in the area I intend to spread pea gravel, then I raked it.  I will put down black cloth tomorrow and put down pea gravel when we get it (soon I hope).  Papa worked in the attic, installing insulation.  He has one more day of cutting insulation panels to fit and then he’ll clean up.  I made beds in the bedrooms with beds (3 + master bedroom).  Stephanie, our floor cleaner/finisher, came this morning and finished the reception room floor.  She will come tomorrow to finish up the staircase from the ground floor to the 1er etage.  

I walked over to the Brocante Village this afternoon and bought a table that I will use as an island in our kitchen.  It will be delivered on Friday morning.  As I was leaving our front door, our neighbor Gerard, saw me and asked if I would like to look at a few more pieces of furniture in his garage a couple blocks away.  Gerard has a Moroccan table that I love, plus a few other pieces, all from two houses he sold last year, one in Cannes and one in Paris.  Interesting!  

There’s a peony growing in our garden.  It is beautiful!  We’re enjoying the light at sunset from our 4ème etage balcony.  We’re having a good time and learning every day!

We’re enjoying every day!