Saturday, July 29, 2023

Photos from Ferme Cazaux

Papa and I discovered Ferme Cazaux last summer, because they were on the list of local farms hosting summer dinners. We went to two dinners last summer and had a wonderful time! This summer, we’ve made reservations for all eight dinners, held once every two weeks. Different friends join us each week, and we’ve made new friends at the dinners. I’ve also become friends with the propriétaire of Ferme Cazaux, Coralie. I asked her if I could take photographs on the Ferme, and she invited me Friday morning. 

We arrived early on a very cloudy morning. I walked around the ferme for four hours, having a wonderful time and taking photos of life on Ferme Cazaux. I rode on the trailer with Andre, to pick melons. The farmhouse and barns are centuries old, and have been in Coralie's family for generations. They have dairy cattle and produce veal and cheeses. They grow Lectoure melons, tomatoes, zucchini, watermelons, and more. Coralie treated Papa and me to lunch of fresh melon and tomato with mozzarella. Ferme Cazaux is a lot to manage and I had an incredible day!