Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother’s Day Surprises

On Friday, I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Brian.  I had a Mother’s Day call from Brian this morning, and our girls arranged a Zoom call with us today at noon.  Claire called yesterday to ask if I would be home between 12 and 1 to receive a gift.  I assured her we would be.  At 11 this morning, the gift was delivered - a box of Godivas and a box of chocolate eclairs.  At 11:50, Whitney called and said the Zoom call was starting and Audrey was already on the call.  Papa and I quickly got online to join the call.  A minute later our doorbell rang.  Papa went to the door and it was Claire!  What a surprise!  She drove down from Phoenix to spend the afternoon with us!  She joined the Zoom call and we had a wonderful time with our girls, laughing and talking, everyone at the same time.  Loved it!  Claire brought an orchid and a fruit tart.  There was certainly a theme to the gifts... lots of sweets. I’ve had a wonderful Mother’s Day!