Sunday, February 11, 2018

Few Days in Dallas

I flew to Dallas on Thursday.  I took the train from DFW to Love Field, then an Uber to Whitney’s house.  I spent time outside that afternoon with Toby and Greta, while they rode bikes and played in the yard.  Friday was a nice weather day, so I went on a long walk, had lunch with Whitney, and took Toby and Greta for a Monster Milk Shake (with large toppings of a brownie, a cupcake, decorated cake balls, a glazed donuts, and an ice cream cone filled with whipping cream, sitting atop a jar of chocolate milk shake - sinful!) in Snider Plaza.  We watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics that night.

Whitney and I were up early on Saturday morning, to run an errand for my friend Linda.  We picked up food for a Sip and See Party, to introduce her new grand baby to family and friends.  I went to the party from 11-1, seeing Adriana and Lisa, and so many other people I knew from our time in Dallas 30+ years ago.  Brian and Holli picked me up from the party and we went out to their apartment, then to downtown Denton, where we visited a bookstore, and a coffee shop.  I spent Saturday evening watching Olympics with Whitney.

Dallas had a cold front pass through, so we woke up Sunday morning to freezing temps.  I went with Whitney to Greta’s ice hockey game, starting at 11 a.m.  Toby’s ice hockey game followed at 12:30.  Brian and Holli joined us.  We shivered through the game!  We went out for a Mexican brunch afterward.  More Olympics this evening!  Having a great time in Dallas!