Saturday, December 3, 2022

Weekend in Phoenix

We drove to Phoenix on Thursday and stayed two nights with Claire’s family.  We went for lunch just after we arrived.  I took Emerson shopping in the afternoon, while Papa and Claire worked in the yard, trimming trees with the chain saw.  We had dinner together, then over the next 24 hours, Papa and I helped David in the yard, and I looked at thousands of photos for potential pieces Claire may frame.  Claire and I went on a walk in the neighborhood on Friday after lunch.  We met Emerson and Colby when they got out of school, for the two block walk home.  This morning, we played a mystery game, with Emerson in costume and leading us through the clues.  We had lunch with Mary today, before driving home in rain!  Rain is an infrequent visitor to the desert!  Papa and I had a great visit!