Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Change of Plan

In mid-September, Whitney invited me to join her on a trip to China for her MBA global project.  I eagerly said, “yes!” and made air reservations right away.  I applied and received a Chinese VISA.  I planned tours and daily excursions.  We were to depart today.  On Saturday, I asked Whitney if her nanny was set to take care of everything at home while we would be away, and her reply was that the nanny was out of town for two weeks.  I felt terrible that Toby and Greta would be without Whitney and their nanny, so on Sunday, during another conversation with Whitney, I chose to fly to Dallas and stay with Toby and Greta rather than go to China.  I cancelled my flights.  I think Whitney was relieved.

I’m staying very busy in Dallas, running back and forth to drop Toby and Greta at school, pick them up, take them to activities, wrap holiday gifts, do a bit of decorating, cook, and more.  I went to Greta’s third grade performance of the Granny Awards, a spoof of the Grammy Awards last night.  While Toby was at ice hockey practice this evening, Greta and I listened to Christmas carols.  I’m having a wonderful time!