Friday, December 7, 2018

Christmas Decor

Pulling out all the Christmas decorations each December brings a flood of memories.  I took my time opening our two big boxes of ornaments and Christmas things.  I put the tree napkin rings on our breakfast table, a gift from Nelcine and Alvis 35 year ago in Dallas.  The new dear antler candelabra went on the dining table, a gift from Lynne.  I made Papa's stocking for our first Christmas together 37 years ago.  Aunt Rhea gave my Lulu stocking for my first Christmas, 61 years ago.  Our tree has ornaments I made 39 years ago, for my first Christmas on my own, calico birds and stars; sand dollars found off Captiva Island with the girls, 30 years ago; tin ornaments from our neighbor, Mrs. Brunner, in Dallas 27 years ago for our 10th anniversary; a handmade birdhouse, a gift from Lynne last year, and so many more ornaments picked up on trips, at church holiday craft fairs, and from friends.  Every ornament has a story that adds to the Christmas story.