Tuesday, June 18, 2024

My Birthday

I am 67 today!  Who thinks of what their life will be when they are over 65, when they are under 30?  Certainly, I didn’t!  Today, I am the most grateful 67 year old on the planet!  I am healthy, I love my family, and am blessed in so many ways.  

I went for an early walk this morning, around the rempart walls of Lectoure, then went for a haircut on Rue Nationale.  After the haircut, I picked up a loaf of fresh bread and a strawberry tart at the boulangerie, then stopped at the cheese shop for slices of ham and chunks of cheese.  Our friend, Deirdre and her step-daughter Ana, joined us for a picnic style lunch.  It was perfect!  No stress and delicious, with good conversation.

Papa went to his gym in Fleurance after lunch, and I went up to the 4th floor to work out in my home gym.  Just as I finished, Brian called, then Mary, and Audrey.  I had emails from friends and family.  Life is good!  I am so grateful for this life!  Every day is a good day!